Ham House was built in 1610 and during the 1670 several extensions were added. The building is one of the several grand houses erected along the Thames and is unusual as it survives in its original architectural form. Besides the house the garden is one of the few formal gardens to survive the English Landscape movement. There are out buildings, an Orangery, brick ice house, dairy and still house. It is a rare survival of 17th-century Stuart house.