Select Page

Number 19 Princelet Street, now a Grade II listed building, is the Museum of Immigration and Diversity. The house was built in 1719, as a home for a Huguenot silk merchant, Peter Abraham Ogier, and remains unrestored. The architecture changed drastically in 1869, when the rear garden was used to build the East End’s first purpose built synagogue created for the then growing Jewish population.

10 minutes Liverpool Street tube or Shoreditch High Street Overground