The cinema was re-opened in 2015 by the University of Westminster and restoring it to its former glory. It was the first cinema in the country to show moving pictures in 1896 by showing the Lumiere borther Cinematographe to a paying audience. It is now a landmark venue for the British film industry. It is one of the few cinemas in the country to show 16mm, 35mm and 4k digital film. It offers exclusive premiers, retrospectives, documentaries, animations and experimental cinema.